As a scrapbooker, the mood of a layout is always greatly effected by what font I choose to use. And when I’m writing pages about my boys in their younger years (oh…where did those wee boys go?), it’s great to be able to use a font that reflects a child-like quality on them. Better yet, it’s great when I can use their own font. The words have even more meaning to be written in their own handwriting, even if it is digital. And it makes it even more special to me when they chime in with the story, themselves! See? They grow up SOOOOO fast!
As a homeschooling teacher, plus having one boy with dysgraphia who uses his computer for most school work, the ability to have his own handwriting on the screen made him feel a little less different. Our papers were almost normal. Besides, it’s just fun!
5 Reasons to Have Your Child’s Handwriting Made into a Font
1. Because they’ll never be this little again. The end.
Oh, you want more reasons? Okay, here goes.
<insert sad puppy dog eyes music now>
2. Be able to record their memories of now, later. If you’re a scrapbooker, that means you’ll be able to record their little kid memories, in their little kid writing, when you finally get around to finishing those pages when the little kid is now 26.
3. They’ll have so much fun practicing typing skills when it looks like their handwriting.
4. You can write their reports for them and say -see? They DID write it!
5. Because they’ll never be this little again. Can’t be said enough. And you’ll regret it if you don’t. The same way you regret not saving ALL of their drawings from Kindergarten to make a wallpaper for the bathroom. Yes, that exact same way.
It’s okay, Mom, really. Don’t cry now. Look, little Jimmy just smeared peanut butter on the carpet. All better?
I try to do my best to create every child’s font that comes my way for free.
If you sell any merchandise using a font of mine, you'll need a commercial use license which you can get here>>> Check out the details here.
Unfortunately, I cannot control the ads that Google shows you. If one says DOWNLOAD HERE - DO NOT HIT THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON. I wish I could remove it, but I can't. Thanks for understanding.