Here are some frequently asked questions about what constitutes Personal vs. Commercial use.
What’s the difference between personal and commercial use?
If you are going to make
- Scrapbook pages for you or your friends/family
- Cards given to family and friends
- Personal Invitations
- Products you make only for your classroom (and do not sell on sites like TpT)
- Church bulletins
- Christmas letters
- Kids’ school reports
- Teacher newsletters from the classroom (NOT for your business)
- Promotions for non-profits
Commercial use is generally any use by a business or individual that is intended to generate profit. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Scrapbook pages (quick pages) used to sell to others
- Promotional products made for your business (logos, freebies, product labels, advertisements, etc.)
- Greeting cards & invitations/baby shower invites sold in craft fairs, Etsy, etc.
- T-shirts sold for profit or for fundraisers
- Informational brochures for businesses
- Income-generating blog
- Blog Designers
- Logos (which you may copyright, but the typeface, itself, is no copyrighted to you).
- Advertisements, etc.
- Teacher to teacher products
- Scrapbook design*
- If the product you are using the font for is intended to generate income for you in any way, it is commercial use.
Where can I purchase License for a Single Use or All the Fonts Use License?
I don’t have a Paypal. Do you have an alternative payment method?
You can use Paypal without having an account by clicking the alternative credit cards on the bottom of the Paypal Checkout Page. I have a limited number of commercial fonts available for purchase at Creative Market where you can purchase a license for those fonts.
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, at the current rate that you start the purchased (it is currently $160), you can purchase 32 single font licenses at full price (or 40 sale-price licenses) which will equal a full collection license. Just email me with your name, email address that you purchased the license with and I’ll send you a lifetime license for your records. Your best bargain is still to purchase a full lifetime license during a sale, but I understand that not everyone is able to do that up front, so the payment plan should get you there over time!
Apps? Embroidery Fonts? Cutting Machines? Rubber stamps? Other non-standard uses?
Please contact me directly for license structuring and charges.***
Do you offer a multi-use Commercial License?
Because I offer my commercial license at such a reasonable, a multi-use license is not available. Please purchase a single use commercial license per font, per user. Please contact me for large business/usage inquiries.
Do you offer webfonts?
I sure do! You can check out my selection at Fontspring here. If you need a webfont that I don’t offer at FontSpring, you can purchase a simple license here, then convert your webfont at FontSquirrel.
Do I get something (physical, tangible) when I purchase a font license?
Your Paypal receipt serves as your proof of purchase of a license, but if you need a more detailed receipt/invoice, please email me all the pertinent details you need on it.
IF you have ANY questions about how you would use my font that these points don’t answer, please feel free to CONTACT ME.